Learn how to read a Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation (FACT) bus schedule through the following steps:
- When reading a bus schedule, know where you want to go and when you want to get there.
- Look at the schedule. Make sure you have the correct one for your destination and starting point. Also, realize that you may have to transfer from one bus to another if there is no direct route to your destination.
- Look for the day of the week on which you want to travel.
- Look up your destination on the schedule, and look across the row to find the time you wish to arrive there.
- Find your starting point on the schedule. Work backwards from your destination to your starting point to figure out when you need to catch the bus.
- Have the exact fare when you board the bus. It is a good idea to arrive at the bus stop at least 5 minutes early.
- When the bus is getting close to your destination, pull the cord to let the driver know you want to get off.
- Remember, many buses can lower the steps for easier access. Tell the driver if you need assistance.