- Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation (FACT)
- Shared Ride
- Shared Ride for Seniors
Shared Ride for Seniors
Shared Ride for Seniors Facts
Learn about the Shared Ride for Seniors program through the following facts:
- The Southwest Pennsylvania Area Agency on Aging, Incorporated provides further subsidy so that persons 60 years and older ride free of charge to senior centers, adult day care centers, and respite centers.
- The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation will reimburse 85% of all fares. Clients are responsible for the remaining 15% upon boarding.
- Clients 65 and older will pay only 15% of the full fare. However, Southwest Area Agency on Aging will pay 10% for a medically necessary appointment for individuals 65 years of age and older. Thus, the client will be responsible to pay the remaining 5% of the fare.
- Clients age 65 or older, who have an ACCESS card from the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare must request medical transportation through the “Medical Assistance Transportation Program” rather than the Shared Ride Program.
Applying for the Senior Citizen Shared Ride Program
Persons interested in applying for the Senior Citizen Shared Ride Program can pick up an application at the FACT Transit Center or call 724-628-RIDE (724-628-7433) to have one mailed to you. When applying, you will need one of the following forms of documentation to verify proof of age:
- Armed forces discharge/separation papers
- Valid motor vehicle operator's license
- Baptismal certificate/other church record
- Birth certificate
- Pace identification
- Passport/naturalization papers
- PennDOT non drivers license I.D. card
- Resident alien card
- Statement of age from social security administration
- Veterans universal access I.D. card
Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation operates all of its transportation programs without regard to race, color, and national origin.
For additional information, complaint procedures, or complaint forms please contact our office in person at:
825 Airport Road
Lemont Furnace, PA 15456
Complaints may also be filed by phone at 724-628-7433 or through our web mail form.
Additionally, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, gender or disability.