Apply for a Marriage License
**You MUST call and make an appointment to apply for your marriage license**
It is wedding season again so our schedule is booking a few days out so please if you are needing to apply at a specific time or on a specific day call at least a week in advance.
To apply for a Marriage License:
- You must be over the age of 18
- If you are divorced, you must bring a copy of your divorce decree
- If your previous marriage was ended due to death you must bring a copy of the death certificate
When applying for a marriage license:
- Both parties must be present in front of the Register of Wills
- You must bring valid photo identification
The cost of a marriage license is $50 CASH ONLY
There is a 3 day waiting period once you apply for the license.
Marriage licenses are only good for 60 days.
In order to apply for a marriage license, both parties must appear in front of the Register of Wills before 3:30 p.m.
We are closed from 12-1 pm for lunch
Forms & Documents
- Authorized to Marry (PDF) - List of elected officials in Fayette County that are authorized to perform a marriage ceremony
- Disclaimer of Liability (PDF) - Regarding marriages in Pennsylvania
Certified Marriage license
If you need a certified copy of your marriage license:
Please print and fill out the application below.
Mail a check for $10 with the completed application above to
Register of Wills
61 East Main Street
Uniontown PA 15401
And we will return the certified marriage license to the address you provided
*****If you need this for Duel Citizenship you MUST note that on the application as we need to enclose a copy of the application with the certified license*********