Clerk of Courts
The Clerk of Courts is elected by the people to serve the citizens and the courts of Fayette County by keeping up-to-date and accurate information and by maintaining the security and integrity of all criminal records entrusted to the Clerk of Courts Office. The Clerk signs and affixes the Seal of the Courts to all documents, administers oaths and affirmations, and assumes custody of the seal and records of the Court. The Clerk certifies and distributes orders of the Court.
Recognizing the Clerk of Courts Office as a vital and integral part of the criminal justice system, we are dedicated to provide prompt, courteous and professional service in the most efficient and cost effective manner to all.
All records, with the exception of records involving juveniles or child victims are open for public inspection. The Clerk of Courts staff are trained professionals; however, they are prohibited from giving any legal advice.
The Clerk of Courts is an independent public official, established by the Pennsylvania Constitution, with duties and responsibilities that are set forth in the laws of the Commonwealth.
County Court of Common Pleas operations in Pennsylvania involve complex work processes and specialized expertise. A highly dedicated, trained staff is essential in order to initiate, process, coordinate, maintain and archive all the data and documents associated with each case and have them available to the various agencies on a time sensitive basis.
Effective May 10, 2021, we are live on PACFile!
- Assessment, collection and distribution of fines, costs and restitution
- License Suspension/Restoration
- Court Orders for all criminal matters
- Petition for Expungement of criminal cases
- Petition for Reduction of Bail
- Pre-Trial Motions
- Preparing court commitments for state institutions after disposition
- Processing appeals to state appellate courts
- Record all criminal filings, including verdicts and sentences
- Reporting disposition of criminal cases to state agencies
- Seating a jury for service
- Taking a verdict after trial
- Waiver of Arraignment and Entry of Appearance
- Appeals of Summary Convictions from traffic and non-traffic violations
- Constable Applications/Appointments
- Filing of Waiver of Extraditions
- Liquor Control Board Appeals
- Maintenance of Road Dockets
- Petition for Forfeiture of Condemnation
- Petition for Return of Property
- Private Detective Applications and License Issuance
- Processing bail
- Protection from Abuse Contempts
- Recording and maintenance of juvenile records
- Recording of tax collector bonds and reports