The historic Uniontown theatre has a full schedule events planned between September 2022 and May 2023.
Uniontown, PA - The State Theatre Centre for the Arts has reached a milestone.
The Uniontown theatre will turn 100 years old in October, and the venue has scheduled a number of anniversary events in celebration of its landmark season.
“It’s exciting. It’s a little daunting because we have so many events, but it will be fun,” State Theatre Executive Director Erica Miller said. “It’s quite a momentous occasion.”
Miller said many small, local theatres around the nation have disappeared, making the State Theatre’s longevity even more significant.
“We’re very fortunate that we still have our historic theatre here in town,” she said.
The theatre kicked off its season-long celebration Sept. 14 with a Business After Hours networking event for members of the Fayette Chamber of Commerce. Next up is this Saturday’s Theatre Employee Reunion, which is open to former employees of the State, Penn or Manos theaters.
“The employee reunion was an idea that came from Hope Legendre,” Miller said. “She worked here when she was a teenager. She had this idea that for the anniversary, it would be fun to get people back together.”
Miller said about 65 guests are expected for the reunion. Some are former employees, she said, while others are family members or descendants of former employees.
“It will just be fun to get people back in the building and maybe see people they haven’t seen in a lot of years,” Miller said.
She noted several of the upcoming celebratory events go hand-in-hand with theatre shows and performances.
Other anniversary events include:
- October 15: Tailgate in the Park – attendees will don Steelers gear and enjoy a tailgate party in Storey Square prior to a performance of Rocky Bleier: The Play
- October 22: Birthday Party Movie – theatergoers can see “The Wizard of Oz” on the big screen for the 1920s price of 10 cents
- November 12: 100th Anniversary Dinner
- December 11: Prize Drawing During the Nutcracker Ballet – prize chances will be sold at each Nutcracker performance
- January 13: History of Uniontown and the State Theatre – attendees can join local historian Peter Malik in enjoying old photos of the city from the collection of Jack Gates
- February 11: A Cabaret with Rebecca Kaufman Taylor & Friends – music lovers are invited to appreciate a talented artist just in time for Valentine’s Day, or Galentine’s Day
- March 3: Pub Night for the Irish Comedy Tour – the theatre’s lobby will become an Irish pub for the evening
- March 12: 100 Handbags Event – more details are upcoming for this afternoon event
- April 21: Yaucht Rock Pre-Party – drinks will be served in the lobby prior to the performance
- May 5: 20’s Night for Paragon Ragtime Orchestra – attendees can dress in their Roaring ‘20s finest and enjoy drinks in the lobby prior to the performance.
“We encourage people to come and enjoy our seasonal performances and take part in our special events,” Miller said.
To learn more about the State Theatre Centre for the Arts, including the 100th Anniversary Events, visit www.statetheatre.info.com.
To learn more about Fayette County, visit www.FayetteCountyPA.org.
Editor's Note: Photos attached (State Theatre Centre for the Arts; 100th Anniversary; Fayette Chamber Business After Hours; Fayette Chamber Business After Hours2)
This communication, among other initiatives, is funded through the 2016 Fayette County Local Share Account (LSA) in cooperation with the Fayette County Board of Commissioners, Fayette Chamber of Commerce, The Redevelopment Authority of the County of Fayette, The Redstone Foundation and other partners. This funding has been designated for the continued promotion and marketing of Fayette County, PA.
For more information, contact Kristi Rooker Kassimer, Public Relations Specialist, at 412-691-0262, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jamie Rankin, Journalist, at 724-434-4486, email@example.com.