OUR MOST RECENT ELECTION WAS TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 8, 2022.
Act 88 Report: the unofficial number of Absentee and Mail-In Ballots received and recorded in Fayette County by the statutory deadline of 8 P.M. on November 8 is 9,098.
Results were certified by the Fayette County Election Board on 11-28-2022.
Why do write-in results take a long time to appear?
The Election Bureau is often asked why write-in results take a long time. What many people do not realize is that each and every single write-in vote must be looked at by human eyes and they are all hand-entered into the voting system individually. When there are thousands of write-in votes, it takes considerable time to process them all!
WHERE DO I VOTE?
WHAT'S ON THE BALLOT?
OFFICIAL SAMPLE BALLOT: All Precincts in the 51st Legislative District
Fairchance Boro, Georges Twp., German Twp., Henry Clay Twp., Markleysburg Boro, Masontown Boro, Menallen Twp., Nicholson Twp., North Union Twp., Point Marion Boro, Smithfield Boro, South Union Twp., Springhill Twp., Uniontown City, Wharton Twp.
OFFICIAL SAMPLE BALLOT: All Precincts in the 52nd Legislative District
Belle Vernon Boro, Brownsville Boro, Brownsville Twp., Bullskin Twp., Connellsville City, Connellsville Twp., Dawson Boro, Dunbar Boro, Dunbar Twp., Everson Boro, Fayette City Boro, Franklin Twp., Jefferson Twp., Lower Tyrone Twp., Luzerne Twp., Newell Boro, Ohiopyle Boro, Perry Twp., Perryopolis Boro, Redstone Twp., Saltlick Twp., South Connellsville Boro, Springfield Twp, Stewart Twp., Upper Tyrone Twp., Vanderbilt Boro, Washington Twp.
IMPORTANT ELECTION NEWS -- PLEASE READ!
- Voter registration and applications for absentee / mail-in ballots are now closed for this election. All registered voters who did not already cast a valid absentee or mail-in ballot may go to their polling place and vote on Tuesday. Polls are open from 7 AM to 8 PM.
- Absentee / mail-in ballots must be returned to the Fayette County Election Bureau Office, 2 West Main St, Uniontown, PA 15401 BY 8 PM ON TUESDAY NOVEMBER 8. Postmarks DO NOT count.
Military and overseas voters find the rules that apply to you HERE.
Official Notice of Election for Military and Overseas Voters
- VERY IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ! If you are casting an absentee or mail-in ballot, MAKE SURE THAT IT IS SIGNED & DATED (with the date you signed your signature), and that your ballot is inside the inner secrecy envelope before you send or bring it in. Ballots that are unsigned, undated (or have a wrong date), or are not inside a secrecy envelope WILL NOT COUNT. Do not sign the ballot itself or the secrecy envelope; only sign and date the back of the outer mailing envelope where it asks for your signature and says, "Today's Date (required)"
- If you have an absentee / mail-in ballot and wish to vote in person on Election Day, be sure to bring your ballot AND its return envelope (the one you sign) with you and give them to the Judge of Elections when you sign in to vote. Voters who surrender both their absentee/mail-in ballots AND envelopes will vote normally. Those who do not surrender both ballot AND envelope will vote a provisional ballot.
- If you did not get an absentee / mail-in ballot and you have a true emergency between now and Election Day (sudden hospitalization, death in the family, etc.) please call our office at 724-430-1289.
ATTENTION VOTERS - PUBLIC NOTICES!
Washington Township Polling Place Change
Beginning with the November 8, 2022 General Election, Washington Township will vote at the Washington Township Volunteer Fire Company Small Hall, 1314 Axton St. – Belle Vernon, PA 15012. This polling place was formerly at the Washington Township Municipal Building garage.
Ballot Pre-Canvass and Canvass Notices
PRE-CANVASS/CANVASS OF ABSENTEE & MAIL-IN BALLOTS -- The County Board of Elections will commence the pre-canvass and canvass of absentee and mail-in ballots cast for the General Election held Tuesday, November 8, 2022, at 7:00 AM prevailing time on Tuesday, November 8, 2022 and continue without interruption until complete.
OFFICIAL CANVASS OF ELECTION -- The County Board of Elections will publicly commence canvassing and computation of the returns of the votes cast at the General Election held Tuesday, November 8, 2022, to begin at 9:00 A.M., prevailing time, Monday, November 14, 2022, and continue each day thereafter until all votes cast have been computed.
ELECTION BOARD MEETING FOR PROVISIONAL BALLOT REVIEW -- The Provisional Ballots cast at the November 8, 2022 Election will be publicly reviewed by the Election Board on Tuesday, November 15th at 1:00 P.M. at the Fayette County Election Bureau, 2 West Main Street, Uniontown, PA 15401.This meeting will be held in person and viewable on Zoom. To join this meeting, go to https://us06web.zoom.us/j/84383838411
CONTINUED UNTIL Friday, November 18 at 1:00 P.M.
All canvassing, computations, and review of the returns will be held at the Election Bureau, 2 West Main Street, Suite 111, Uniontown, Pennsylvania.
Fayette County Party Leaders
Fayette County Democratic PartyGeorge Rattay, Chair
1017 Lafayette Street
Uniontown, PA 15401
Fayette County Republican PartyMichelle Mowry, Chair
Elliott Mazur, Vice-Chair
Fayette County Libertarian PartyJesse Blackburn, Chair
128 Union Street, Apt. 2
Uniontown, PA 15401
The Fayette County Election Bureau conducts the Primary and General Elections and the Voter Registration process.
We administer the voter registration process as prescribed by legislation maintaining the integrity of the election process.